NOTO is a uni-sexy , multi-use, minimal essential full body cosmetic line. Packed with only the finest natural & organic ingredients coming from nature – giving you real results. Vegan & Cruelty free, and hand made by Gloria Noto with love. Take a look inside this unique and stunning company with Gloria Noto herself. Get to know her morning routine, what she loves about running her company and so much more! Enjoy.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water)
I think at this point I wouldn’t be too worried about looking beautiful haha, but I would say a can of Vita Minerals because chances are I will need some nutrients
2. What is your morning beauty routine? evening?
Morning: After I wash my face, I first put on my skin a golden oil that is my Deep Serum to feed it properly and protect it. then I apply a bit of makeup wherever it is needed, like some concealer, brow filling and a wash of mascara…and that’s it! :)
Night time: Well chances are if I am putting on more makeup to actually go out, I’ll make it count and try to imitate David Bowie or prince. I’ll put on a extra eyeliner, maybe a red to bring out my green eyes, and a funky lip color like a purple, or bright orange. I kind of like to play characters when I take the time to get out. The duality in things excites me- I am generally very natural with some funk to it.
3. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
Sleep, water, the right food for my (and your) body.
4. What’s your favorite part about running Noto Botanics?
I love making a product that comes from me to share with others in hopes to bring some joy and inspiration into others lives. I love being able to brand my product however I choose, in that having the freedom to be expressive and open.
5. What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow?
I don’t believe in trends but I do enjoy that natural and organic products are becoming more and more important and noted.
6. What beauty trend would you like to see disappear?
Like I said, I don’t believe in trends and I think everyone should express themselves by whatever they feel excited by.
7. Of the products you make, which is your favorite?
I can’t say one, they are all my favorite, and if one wasn’t, I wouldn’t put it on the market for others. I love each product for it’s unique traits and results.
8. What sets Noto Botanics apart from other lines on the market today?
The fact that Gloria Noto makes them! And it has a unique voice that is authentic to me.
9. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
Super foods, elixirs, supplements, oh my! There are so many that all do such different things…and are needs or not for each person differently. For me specifically, I love taking Vita minerals when I want to add in extra green goodness. I also love playing with pretty much every Sun Potion offering. I love making a different warm elixir every night. I do think it’s important to go to a functional medicine doc and get yourself checked out for imbalances or allergies so you can be sure the superfood or supplement isn’t actually hurting you more than helping you.
10. Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs?
Anything animal related or artificial. I am all about keeping it minimal and pure.
11. What do you do to stay active and why?
Physical activity is very important to me.. a body in motion stays in motion. Also I think it’s in my nature to be more of an aggressive person. Being strong is sexy to me and staying strong feels powerful. So I am active almost every day – i switch it up a lot to keep interested. I do Muay Thai, which I learned while living in Thailand at two different times for a month each. I also run, weight lift and do hot yoga. I am all about trying new things – hiking, biking, whatever!
12. Do you have a favorite beauty boosting meal you’d like to share a recipe for?
Greens on Greens on Greens
13. Not including your own brand, what are 3 of your must have beauty /wellness products?
I don’t really have must have’s other than oils of all sorts. Oh, I will say Dr Bronners Tooth Paste, any clean Epsome Salt and Magnesium.
14. Do you have a hero? If so, who and why?
All my hero’s are ghosts except for Gloria Steinem. Cy Twombly, Prince, Bowie, Maya Deren – these are people who regardless of their circumstances took chances on themselves and created movements.
15. What’s the hardest or most important life lesson you’ve learned?
To truly understand that all things pass – the bad and the good, and then come around again. At the end of the day – I am nothing and I am everything. So realizing what I put my attention to is quite large and small at the same time.
16. Any beauty/wellness myth’s you’d like to bust?
There is no one way of doing something that applies to everyone. This is beauty, and that means art, and art is subjective, meaning that you can make up it’s meaning for yourself individually. Be you, whatever that means.