Since 1995, Honeybee Gardens, Inc. has operated under one simple concept, “Create pure, all-natural bath and body care products made from only the finest organic ingredients, offer them at a reasonable price, and treat every customer like a friend.” They take great pride in providing customers with the finest herbal products and customer service. Honeybee Gardens products are created entirely of natural ingredients that you can actually pronounce! They reuse and recycle as much as possible and perhaps most importantly, they DO NOT test ANY products on animals, and are PETA certified. All of their products have also been reviewed by the Environmental Working Group, and all have a score of 2 or lower. Take a peek into the life the Founder Melissa J. Buckley.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water)
1.Coconut oil. The uses for this product are simply endless. 2. Our Heirloom lipstick. The shade is great on lips, cheeks, lids, etc. 3. Tea tree essential oil. I use it for everything.
2. What is your morning beauty routine? evening?
I’m crazy simple when it comes to a routine. I had really bad skin as a teenager. Over the years, I found that the less I do to my skin, the better. You skin has a natural balance and knows how to heal itself. Too often we fight that with too many products, forcing our skin to counteract our over-doing it. I wash my skin with a natural bar soap and coconut oil at night, and splash with warm water in the morning. That’s it.
3. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
1. Eat healthy. What you put into your body shows on the outside. 2. Get enough sleep. If you don’t, the world will be able to tell. 3. Stress less. Stress is terrible for your body inside and out. Find a healthy way of dealing with it. 4. (yes I’m adding a fourth) Don’t smoke – one of the worst things you can do for your skin is smoke. I’ve seen it age people terribly.
4. What’s your favorite part about running Honeybee Gardens?
Making people happy. Giving them healthy products they can afford.
5. What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow? Using organic and healthy ingredients.
6. What beauty trend would you like to see disappear? Toxic nail polish. I really wish we could get a ban on some of the ingredients found in traditional polish. They’re truly terrible for people and the environment.
7. Of the products you make, which is your favorite? Believe it or not, our alcohol-free Hair Spray. I simply cannot live without this product, and nothing works better on my hair. I’ve been using it for years.
8. What sets Honeybee Gardens apart from other lines on the market today? Our products are TRULY natural (vegan, gluten free, cruelty free). But they’re also cute, trendy, fun AND AFFORDABLE.
9. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
1. I drink lemon water (with ginger) every day. It’s the first thing I consume when I wake up. I actually feel it making a difference in my body. 2. I’m not one to jump on the supplement bandwagon…but I believe strongly in eating healthy, organic, raw foods as much as possible. Deep, leafy greens, bright and colorful fruits. Nothing processed. Fresh from your garden if possible. 3. I do love my tea. Decaf only. So for me that means mostly herbal teas, or naturally decaffeinated green or white teas. With a touch of raw honey. Yum!
10. What do you do to stay active and why? I LOVE being outdoors. So I walk, hike, explore, venture, wade…anything that puts me deep into nature. I also love gardening and have several acres of planting beds which I tend by myself. I also love yoga, and need to make more time for that. And I love dancing when I go out to see my boyfriend’s band play. Anything that puts me in a fun or beautiful atmosphere and gets me moving makes me happy.
11. Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs? There are really too many to list. BHA and BHT, DEA/MEA/TEA ingredients, dibutyl phthalate, parabens, petroleum derivatives, PEGs, triclosans, oxybenzone, formaldehyde, toluene…