BIODARA is an eco conscious luxury skin care line that blends modern science with natural, organic bioactive botanicals. These products not only enhance the outer beauty but nourish the skin and body. Mimi Kim is the creator and founder of Biodara. Her deep passion for developing natural skin care products stems from her personal experience dealing with an autoimmune disease. We had the opportunity to interview the lovely Mimi and find our more about her daily routines, tricks and tips and more. Enjoy!
1. What is your morning beauty routine? evening?
In the morning I cleanse my face with the Luminous Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Cloth, mist with the Immortal Mist, apply a non nano zinc sunscreen then the Cell Refresh Serum. In the evening, I follow the same routine but swap the sunscreen for a night renewal serum (not yet released). Two times a week I either mask with the Crème de Clay Purifying Mask or Coconut Matcha Mask, usually while soaking in the bath.
2. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
1. I love the Korean Spa. They have various infra red hot sauna rooms that you can spend the day detoxing in. My favorites are the Himalayan Salt, the Yellow Clay and Jade Room. The Ice Room feels wonderful to cool off in.
2. Every Monday I get a foot/body reflexology treatment with my mom. I have such a hectic, busy schedule, it’s a great way to relax, get your circulation going, and spend time catching up with mom.
3. Soaking in the hot mineral springs water feels amazing. It really relaxes the joints and muscles and your skin just glows. We usually choose our vacation spots near the mineral springs. To re-create that wonderful feeling, I soak every night with the Earth + Sea Detox Soak which contains minerals from the Dead Sea, Himalayan Salt, Magnesium Chloride and MSM.
3. What’s your favorite part about running Biodara?
I really love the input and mail I receive from clients telling me how much Biodara has changed their lives. It’s not just about beauty, but for me, it is all about wellness and healing. When I hear from others that Biodara has made a difference in their lives, it feels amazing!
4. What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow?
I think it is wonderful that Green Beauty is growing in awareness and is heading towards mainstream beauty. I’d love to see organic, wildcrafted and hand blend products offered in all the department stores.
5. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
1. Fermentation has played a great role in my healing. I love to make homemade kimchee, kefir and my hubbies favorite, unfiltered milky white sake.
2. Adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to my daily Matcha latte has given me a boost of sustained energy throughout the day. Plus, matcha is full of antioxidants that may help improve your metabolism and immune system.
3. Drinking more water has made a huge difference in my health. I like to add a little apple cider vinegar or squeeze lemon or lime juice for added benefits and taste.
6. What’s the hardest or most important life lesson you’ve learned?
Not to give up! Keep trying, be positive and always be open to learn new things.