The Wyld Skincare Story
When it comes to skincare, Wyld believes in elevated simplicity, that less is more, and simple is extraordinary. They embrace only all-natural, time tested ingredients that work. From ingredients, research and development, production, packaging, right to the consumer’s skin, Wyld is committed to building an ethical and sustainable company that’s great for the body and planet.
Wild Skincare founder, Joy Yap’s, quest to step up her own skincare routine sowed the seeds of Wyld Skincare. In discovering konjac sponges, she became obsessed with how it made her face glow day after day, and she was determined to offer the purest and best-performing konjac cleansing sponges on the market. Joy knew right off the bat she found something truly special – a game changer and a beauty ritual staple; needless to say, she wanted to share them with the world.
What’s your favorite part about running Wyld Skincare?
Definitely hearing from our customers about how much they love our products. I never get tired of it. If we can touch a person’s life in a small way by being a part of their daily self-care ritual, it makes what we do worthwhile and also lets us know we are doing something right.
We strive for the best quality for our customers, and are obsessed with the customer experience journey – from ordering, receiving, using and disposing of our products in an environmentally responsible way. We all love guilt-free beauty that is sustainable and cruelty-free. Is there any other way? It’s 2018.
We also donate a portion of sales towards Sea Shepherd conservation organization. That’s our vision – to give our customers toxic-free, cruelty, sustainable skincare that looks good, feels good, does good AND is beautifully packaged + gives exceptional results. It’s a lofty goal, but I don’t believe we have to compromise.
It’s exceptionally rewarding to build a new wave company that’s aligned with the values of what modern women today want when it comes to skincare and beauty.
What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
- Daily meditation is incredibly important in keeping anxiety and stress at bay. Sometimes we have negative self-talk on a loop, and meditation helps quiet that. It helps you be mindful of when you do get into that loop – you can be conscious of it and change your self-narrative.
- Drinking a huge glass of water when I wake up. It’s the best skincare habit my mom ever instilled in me. Your body and skin is parched when you wake up and drinking a glass of water flushes out all the toxins and also hydrates and wakes you up. Do this before you do anything else including brushing your teeth or checking your phone.
- Be mindful about what you are putting on your skin and always read the ingredient label. Our skin is the biggest organ in/on our body and what we put on our skin gets absorbed. If you don’t believe me, try rubbing garlic on the base of your foot and you can taste the garlic in your mouth.
Not including your own brand, what are 3 of your must have beauty/wellness/lifestyle products?
- Daily sunscreen is a must, but it is important to get something that you will actually use everyday. Texture and how it feels on your skin is important. Keep searching until you find one you like. I’ve tried a dozen or so before I ended up loving the Coola SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer. I haven’t found a more natural option that performs as well. It’s lightweight, sheer, non-sticky and does not leave any white cast.
- My skin is very dehydrated and a mask two to three times weekly is a must. I use Josh Rosebrook’s Advanced Hydration Mask as a sleeping mask. My skin just drinks it all in and I wake up with plumper skin in the morning.
- Not all oils are created equal. My favorites are organic Kalahari Melon oil if I want something a little heavier when my skin is very dry. It’s also an antioxidant powerhouse and non-comedogenic. Deciem’s Squalane oil is the most lightweight of the Squalane oils that I’ve tried, but it is moisturizing, hydrating and sinks into the skin fast. I’ll add these oils as the last step in my skincare routine to seal in the moisture on my skin and provide a protective layer when I sleep.
What beauty trend would you like to see disappear?
There’s a rise in feminine care products from feminine wash to feminine wipes – many with toxic chemicals and fragrances. I’d like to see more natural options that are safer for women.
Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs?
Artificial fragrance. There could be tons of toxic chemicals lurking behind this word, and not knowing is enough to put me off. At Wyld, we will never include synthetic chemicals in our products. There’s still more research to be done around the safety of many common chemicals in mainstream beauty products. Also, many artificial fragrances can be an allergen and drying on the skin.
An ingredient without conclusive research to deem it safe for use is not something I want to risk, especially today with so many great natural and affordable options out there that deliver amazing results.
What’s the hardest or most important life lesson you’ve learned?
Our flaws, imperfections and wounds make us so beautiful, strong, human and unique. We all have something to contribute to the world, and it is our life’s purpose to find what that is and honor that calling.
Learn more & Shop Wyld Skincare here: https://www.wyldskincare.com
See the Wyld Skincare feature in our October Box here: https://joingoodbeing.com/october-2018-goodbeing-boxes/