1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water)
Love this question! I would say, a dry brush, a tongue scraper and coconut oil or my favorite immortelle face and body oil from this amazing indie beauty brand organic to green.
2. What is your morning beauty routine? evening?
In the morning.. the first thing I do is open the windows and let natural light in (this gets me excited to get outside and energized) then I do a grounding, clearing and protective meditation for a couple minutes. I set an intention for the day of what I want to accomplish and how I want to feel. Then I do gentle stretches in bed..I do cat pose, neck and side body bends, leg hamstring stretches. Once I roll out, I drink a full glass of alkaline water in front of a window or outside and take 3-5 deep breathes.
I follow with tongue scraping, brushing and rinsing my face with gentle coconut face soap. I use a gentle jade face roller, then spritz rose spray all over my face and body, then I apply O2G hyaluronic ozone serum, a face oil blend of sky rose oil and the gold immortelle. For makeup, I apply rms concealer, highlighter, tarte mascara or eyeliner and rms lip to cheek.
At night, I remove makeup with coconut oil face wash or face wipes. Then I pretty much do the same thing as the morning (except without the makeup obvi!) Then I stretch on my sheepskin rug, roll on a roller, mediate, spray my pillows with rose or lavender, apply my eye mask and snooze away!
3. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
#1- Add a filter to your shower head and bathwater so you are removing all the toxins, chlorine and fluoride. This is seriously life changing, ever since I did this my skin, hair and body became super super soft, hydrated and stopped getting flakey or itchy from the previous low water quality.
#2- Replace sugar as much as possible with amazing good quality fats and proteins like coconut butter, avocados, fresh wild caught fish, hempseeds and ghee or grass fed butter. I have started adding grass fed butter and MCT oil to my matcha in the morning instead of milk, nut milks and sugar and I feel amazing, I have more energy, stay full for a while and don’t crash like I do with coffee and milk or milk alternatives!
#3- Go for a walk outside every morning for at least 10 minutes. This is so so crucial for me. I tend to think way too much, so my brain is always spinning and worrying about random things and to do lists, so after I do my morning routine and before eating breakfast I throw on sweats and walk outside with no electronics…I simply allow my mind and body to daze off into the trees, sky and listen to the wind or birds. I follow my body wherever it feels like walking without any plans to practice tuning into myself and my intuition. This is the best way for me to transition from sleep to being around people, on emails or at work. I tune into my natural body rhythm, release any unnecessary worry and totally relax into the moment.
4. What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow?
Indie beauty brands that have passionate creators behind the brand making it from their heart and european and french beauty products and their high pure quality spreading throughout the world!
5. What beauty trend would you like to see disappear?
Dimethicone and artificial toxic fillers in hair and skin products!
6. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
1. Swap coffee with matcha! Matcha has so many antioxidants and detoxifying ingredients and it tastes delicious when mixed with some coconut oil and grass fed butter or ghee. You wont have an energy crash and you will fuel your body with a superfoods that enhances your day, wellbeing, longevity and joy!
2. Eat something green with every meal. Try green moringa powder with breakfast. Homemade kale chips with lunch and vegetables with dinner.
3. Try a small table spoon of coconut butter instead of sugar and cream with your morning tea or latte, or if you are having a strong sugar craving, this will help satisfy your urge!
*Bonus Tip* Cook and try to eat at home as much as possible! Not only has it been such a fun creative stress release to create something with my hands that I can enjoy, I have found there are so many added ingredients, sugars and unknown sneaky additives when you eat out that it becomes so hard to stay healthy. I know it takes more time and commitment, but once I got into the habit, cooking at home has improved my digestion, my skin and my energy. I know what I am putting into my body. It’s also so much fun to have people over and cook together or do a healthy potluck with friends.
7. Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs?
Dimethicone and Fluoride! In toothpaste, water, shower water etc as much as possible! Ever since I switched to non-flouride toothpastes and clean alkaline non flouride water, I feel so much better, clearer and energized.
8. What do you do to stay active and why?
Reformer pilates, hiking, walking and sometimes fun group exercise classes where you jump around and use little weights and listen to amazing music!
9. Do you have a favorite beauty boosting meal you’d like to share a recipe for?
Yes, my morning smoothie is kind of intense but super rejuvenating!
1 cup unsweetened hemp milk
1 scoop Raw Beauty Tahitian Vanilla and Berry
moringa green powder
Organic wild blueberries
organic vanilla stevia
11. What’s the hardest or most important life lesson you’ve learned?
To feel the feelings. To be still with uncomfortable emotions and moments. To not run away or avoid pain, but welcome it in. I’ve always tried to be light, happy and perfect for people so I push away any anxiety or unpleasant feelings.. I get angry at myself for having them, but I’ve learned its okay to welcome them in and accept these parts of yourself as much as you do the light, happy parts. They are all parts of you.
12. Any beauty/wellness myth’s you’d like to bust?
I think worrying too much about being perfectly 100% non toxic, organic etc with food, beauty, wellness and life can actually sometimes be more harmful then helpful so I think do your best and have fun with it. If it starts creating any negativity in the way you feel or interact with life and people then I would take a breath and re-balance. Its okay to enjoy certain products, foods, restaurants etc. that may not be 100% natural but that bring you immense amounts of joy. :)