Designed by professional makeup artist, Mai Tran, Mai Couture Papiers are the mess-free, portable makeup solution for the modern woman. Hailed as the only shatterproof, lightweight and convenient makeup of its kind—the unique cosmetic paper technology is exceptionally formulated to remove excess facial oil while allowing makeup to be applied entirely sans brushes—making on-the-go applications and touch-ups a breeze. A beautiful feature in our July Box this product is for all of our forward thinking fashionistas! Take a closer look into this incredible company.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water)
Toothpaste, moisturizer with sunscreen and blotting papers.
2. What is your morning beauty routine? evening?
I always make sure I prep my skin with a good moisturizer and eye cream. Many of us tend to skip the eye cream. I believe it’s important to start early before it’s too late. Maintain and prevent- two very important elements.
For the evening, after removing my makeup, I use a night cream and eye cream. This is also the time I drink the most water.
3. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
– Less is more when it comes to beauty and style.
– Trends come and go. Follow what looks good on you and what makes you feel comfortable.
– Beauty starts from within. Create the look on the surface that brings out your inner beauty with more confidence.
4. What’s your favorite part about running Mai Couture?
Everything! I love to create and help women find solutions to problems in our everyday life as well as connecting with them.
5.What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow?
Strobing aka highlighting. I love radiant glowing skin. It helps us look alive without having to cake on too much makeup.
6. What beauty trend would you like to see disappear?
Heavy contouring and highlighting for sure! I believe in enhancing your natural beauty. Nothing is more beautiful than a woman looking and feeling her best- naturally her way .
7. Of the products you make, which is your favorite?
This is a tough question- I love them all! The one I use religiously is the salicylic acid blotting paper. My skin is SUPER oily! I feel like the older I get, the more oil my skin is producing causing me to have more frequent breakouts. The salicylic acid papers have really saved and helped my skin.
The makeup papers are also so great because I’m always on-the-go. Being able to touch-up my makeup without a dirty sponge or brush has made my skin much healthier.
8. What sets Mai Couture apart from other lines on the market today?
We are not your traditional beauty. We’ve created beauty to fit today’s mobile lifestyle. It’s a mess-free, portable makeup solution for the modern woman. Hailed as the only shatterproof, lightweight and convenient makeup of its kind—the unique cosmetic paper technology is exceptionally formulated to remove excess facial oil while allowing makeup to be applied entirely sans brushes—making on-the-go applications and touch-ups a breeze. Mai Couture is ideal for the girl who wants to look fabulous with minimal effort without sacrificing time.
9. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies.
What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
– Drink tea, It’s a great way to detox
– Eat healthy. Try to eat less fried and more steamed food.
– Keep hydrated. Drink lots of water.
10. Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs?
Oxybenzone- this ingredient irritates my skin. I also try to avoid parabens and talc.