Stacy Lyon founder of Healthy Hoo found her inspiration for a line of healthy feminine care products our of concern and frustration for the health and well-being of not only herself but for that of her gal pals. In 2009, a friend disclosed that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and that parabens had been discovered in the tissue biopsy. This line is made specifically for our most delicate areas and does not have all the harmful toxins! Learn more about this amazing company below!
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water):
Moisturizing sunscreen (not sure if that combo is cheating)
healthy hoohoo gentle foaming cleanser (you can use it everywhere).
2. What is your morning beauty routine? evening? I’ll start with evening as that’s when I do the deepest clean: remove my makeup and wash my face then apply gentle nighttime moisturizer. In the morning I simply use warm water and a “baby” washcloth on my face to exfoliate a bit before applying my daily sunscreen & makeup.
3. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
probiotics…a close third would be “a good laugh”
4. What’s your favorite part about running Healthy Hoo Hoo? Learning something new everyday. From formulations to shipping, and social media to Quick Books there is never a day that passes when I’m not hunting for information. Thank goodness for the internet!
5. What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow? If you can’t tell by all my “probiotic” answers, I’m a big believer in the gut-brain connection. I really believe the strength of our gut determines a lot of our skin, physical, mental and overall health. With that said, I’d like to see more products address internal wellness.
6. What beauty trend would you like to see disappear? Douches, feminine sprays or anything fragranced for the vagina. It truly is a self-cleaning oven and should be left alone. Also anything and any product containing “microbeads” – polomers that do not breakdown and end up in our water system.
7. Of the products you make, which is your favorite? I’m in love with the healthy hoohoo gentle foaming cleanser. Because it has a low pH (4.7) – closer to that of our skin, I use it not only down there (vuvla only) but also as a gentle facial cleanser (after I use something stronger to remove makeup). It’s also our family’s “go-to” cleanser for any booboo’s ;)
8. What sets Healthy Hoo Hoo apart from other lines on the market today? Healthy hoohoo products are super gentle and free of harmful chemicals whereas the mass market is sadly stocked with harsh feminine cleaning wipes, washes and sprays. These products contain toxic chemicals and (hat we feel is the worst for vulvovagainal health) – fragrance.
9. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
So drinking from this fountain of knowledge!
In addition to my beloved probiotics, I start the day with a glass of warm lemon water mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric.
10. Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs? FRAGRANCE – by far. I love 100% essential oils and botanical essences, but if the ingredient label contains the catch all word “fragrance” I put it down and run.
11. What do you do to stay active and why? I’m fortunate to live in a super active community surrounded by mountains, rivers and lakes, so you could say I’m a bit of gear junkie with skis, bikes, boats and boots.