Green & Gorgeous Organic Dry Shampoo
Green and Gorgeous Organics is a San Francisco company founded on the belief that beauty products should have high-quality, natural ingredients that are kind to their clients and the Earth. These handmade, small-batch products have all-natural, non-toxic ingredients that are vegan, cruelty-free, organic, sulfate-free, fragrance-free (they only use organic essential oils), talc-free, and non-GMO. From the contents of their products to the packaging that protects it, they make thoughtful selections like using 100% recycled paper tubes for dry shampoo packaging and 100% biodegradable bubble mailers for shipping. We wanted to get an inside look into how Green and Gorgeous came to be, and what some of their daily beauty routines look like. We love giving you inside looks into the brands we love. Enjoy!
1.If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water)
1. Green & Gorgeous Organics Dry Shampoo
2. Bee Magic – All In One Cream
2. What is your morning beauty routine? Evening?
I’m not a hardcore minimalist, but I’m definitely a fan of “less is more” with beauty products. I use four products for my morning routine: (Green & Gorgeous Organics Dry Shampoo, homemade ACV toner, sunscreen and Bee Magic) and two for my evening routine (Bee Magic and homemade ACV toner).
3. What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
Drink lots of lemon water to stay hydrated, get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep, and turn off all electronics before bed.
4. What’s your favorite part about running Green and Gorgeous?
I love that we are making a difference by contributing our toxic-free products to the green beauty movement.
5. What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow?
I would love to see fewer commercial beauty products with toxic ingredients and more eco-friendly, cruelty-free, organic beauty products. I want to see more beauty products with a conscience come on the scene.
6. What beauty trend would you like to see disappear?
Aerosol dry shampoo and hair sprays, which I can’t believe are still around! They’re ruining our health and the environment.
7. Of the products you make, which is your favorite?
I love our travel-sized lavender & bergamot organic dry shampoo. I can take it everywhere and use
it anywhere! It’s perfect for after the gym or before going out after work.
8. What sets Green and Gorgeous apart from other lines on the market today?
Our line of organic dry shampoo is created without any toxic chemicals or GMOs. Our dry shampoo is vegan, organic, sulfate-free, fragrance-free, talc-free, cruelty-free and aerosol-free. We believe in 100% transparency, which means our customers never have to worry about hidden ingredients or unfamiliar formulas. We create products that we feel comfortable using on our families and ourselves, ensuring that we only create the very best in organic beauty products.
9. We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
I keep it pretty simple: I drink organic lemon water every morning, avoid caffeine, and if I feel overworked or under the weather, I drink organic cold pressed juice (glass bottle) with turmeric. I absolutely love turmeric.
10. Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs?
If I can’t pronounce it or spell it, I avoid it at all costs.
11. What do you do to stay active and why?
I hit the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I am naturally on the petite side so I don’t do much cardio, but instead focus on weight lifting to build muscle.