Folium Medica – organic, preservative-free products inspired by old-world knowledge, admiration for artistry and the beauty of simplicity. Their products are made from all-natural skin care recipes using native European botanicals created to promote gentle, yet powerful healing and nourishing benefits. Take a look inside this elegant company!
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 (beauty & wellness) products could you not live without? (You have food and water.)
Body balm with helichrysum to protect the skin and valerian extract to relax and sleep better. For living under the stars, it seems essential to have a natural insect-repellant (which reminds me to create one).
- What is your morning beauty routine? Evening
During the night, major toxin elimination takes place on the surface of the skin, so I always start each morning by cleansing my skin of oil. This allows my skin to breathe freely again. To complete the cleansing process, I use a gentle botanical toner to promote circulation and to help the moisturizer penetrate more deeply. My skin is normal to dry, so I find that very light moisturizing, 2-3 times a day, works best. Over moisturizing impairs the skin’s built-in moisturizing system. So, in the evening, I focus only on cleansing and then follow it up by applying a nourishing face serum. Serums are usually lighter and don’t interfere with the skin’s healing cycle during sleep.
- What 3 tips or tricks can you share for feeling and looking your best?
A good night’s sleep, daily stretching and hot & cold showers. Your skin shows your emotional status, so work on your mental stability and strength. And, don’t forget that glowing, healthy skin starts with a clean diet.
- What’s your favorite part about running Folium Medica?
Positive feedback from my loyal customers makes this journey meaningful; it reinforces our philosophy that only nature can provide sustainable well-being.
- What’s a trend in the beauty industry you’d like to see grow?
I would like to see an increase in the level of awareness regarding the negative impact of artificial, laboratory-created ingredients since, sometimes, their harmful effects are not discovered until much later.
- What beauty trend would you like to see disappear?
Permanent make up.
- Of the products you make, which is your favorite?
Heal Mask. This was the first natural face treatment I was prescribed back home, in Herzegovina, by our local herbalist. Years later, I searched for this recipe to treat my problematic skin. It was this search that, in 2009, inspired me to start Folium Medica, and Heal Mask was our first product. I’m forever in love with this mask.
- What sets Folium Medica apart from other lines on the market today?
Our products are all-natural, safe for our bodies and environmentally friendly. Our formulations are based on research and healing evidence documented by some of the world’s most renowned doctors and herbalists. Most of the botanical ingredients we use originate from or are growing wild only in the Mediterranean area. Our key focus remains on skin health and on its critical role as a portal to deliver transdermal therapies into the circulation system. This has positive effects that extend beyond the skin.
- We all know healthy beauty starts with what we put in our bodies. What 3 tips can you share about beauty from the inside out? (think superfoods, supplements, teas, elixirs and the like)
1. Mediterranean herbal beauty tea. It tastes bitter, but it’s oh-so-good for your skin and for developing a strong immune system. 2. Mineral supplementing. This seems to me to be the obvious connection between skin health (and health in general), but it is often overlooked. 3. Homemade buckwheat bread.
- Serious stuff. Which ingredients do you avoid at all costs?
Soft drinks, especially sodas, and commercially baked goods. Most of the latter contain bromide, which displaces iodine and can cause serious health problems.
- What do you do to stay active and why?
I swim. Swimming is gentle, but it works all my muscles. It gives me a night of healthy sleep, relaxes my mind, and frees my imagination.